Tuesday, January 24, 2017

A Story With Love

It’s been a long time since I enjoyed myself . . . writing. At some point, story after
story becomes a job, and it isn’t an easy job. But, a simple shift in the way I think
has helped tremendously.

I’m going to do what I want, how I want to do it.

It is and isn’t that easy. Rip’s Picks, and I’ll put a link to the right, is just another
way for me to gain ground. Something of value offered, and I’m cutting some
great deals by offering free shipping within the continental U. S. I got some cool
stuff.

Nikki, the me being naughty, is like a safety valve to let off all my frustrations,
and frankly, sex sells. I’ve got a lot to keep me busy here, with my naughty-bad-
fun. I see no problem in pumping out the words. I still like it when stories make
sense, actually mean something, and have an interesting ending. My goals there
have never changed.

The blahs do happen, kind of like stepping in shit, it happens, so I have my Ripley
King persona, and my Bastard Black persona. The Bastard Black persona is
dedicated to the dark side of me. If I want to feel the blood and gore splattered
about, Bastard Black is the one person I trust to get it done.

I’m up to about 2000 words a day. I can get that many words in and more, because
I’m having fun.

I write like I shoot, straight from the hip. I don’t outline. I never did, I never will.
My characters lead me around, and they put the words in their mouths. I got more
projects lined up than I can do.

One of the things I got wrapped up in, was my marketing woes. That should have
been the last thing I worried about.

Let me put it this way. There are, right now, people who spend more than I make
for a month on marketing, each and every month. I can’t do that, so I have to do
something else.

I have an ad right now running for The Courtesan, and I spent $10 USD. It’s not
about selling books, its about being seen.

That gives me two ads running right now. Ripley King’s ad, I spent $15 USD, and
it has been running for almost two months. Two of me are being seen. Soon, three
different me’s will be seen. Four with the Rip’s Picks ad.

Once the ad is in place, all I have to worry about is product production. IT IS that
simple.

I need to be where the people are, so I’m working on that. What slowed me down
was I tried to be all in with KindleUnlimited, and while it works for some, it never
worked for me. I wasted my time.

If you did read the KBoards thread I linked to below, you understand how KU is
also hurting writers who promote themselves with trusted platforms. By backing
away from Amazon, I have none of these problems.

I get paid for the sales I make. Period. I can use any promo tool I want, and I don’t
have to worry. And, btw, that thread is growing.

Right now I’m doing all I can, and that boils down to writing and publishing
stories. If I have a few bucks to spare, I’ll promote. If that’s all I can do, then
that’s all I can do.

Once I realized that, how much I love what I do, I became happy.

Don’t hesitate to read a sample, and actually buy. It’s the only way to find out
how the story ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment